Home  
   Home  |  Fiction  |  Forum    

June 29, 2017, 06:19:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Forum   Help Shop Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Are You Reading And / Or Watching?  (Read 7223 times)

RaineTensai
Na´ve

Magnetism: +1/-0

291.50 perv points

View Inventory
Send Points to RaineTensai

"Does my sexiness offend you?"

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2010, 08:59:47 PM »

I'm currently reading the Saiyuki manga while I wait for more Loveless.

I'm currently watching: Bleach, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Saiyuki Reload, Gakuen Heaven, and Black Butler.

I'm currently playing: Enzai, determined to get all the endings! 0.0

I'm currently writing 3 Yaoi originals and a never ending list of yaoi fanfics lol

Check out my yaoi e-zine  forums! (e-zine to launch in October)
Redsliver
Cobra Commander
Jaded

Magnetism: +41/-41

6934.90 perv points

View Inventory
Send Points to Redsliver

? Crimson-hued cylinder of steel ?

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2010, 10:14:37 PM »

I started watching Marvel Anime: Iron Man. The first episode was pretty good. I had honestly believed that only Robert Downey Jr could make me like a supervillain like Iron Man.

'Dickbag? Tell me, do you just take random obscenities, and pair them up with equally random nouns? "Cock Lamp?" "Ass Taxi?" "Shit Rooster?" Is that the way it works?' - Atticus Murphy Jr. Guidance Counsellor
Big Samurai
Afro Glasses
Libertine

Magnetism: +38/-39

13134.60 perv points

View Inventory
Send Points to Big Samurai

Meganebu (2014)

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2011, 06:12:26 AM »

Cool

I have cracked three new manga series this year. One of my resolutions, IIRC.

Soul Eater. No opinion on this yet. It is surreal enough that it takes a little while to digest.

Rosario + Vampire. Theoretically a harem manga, including the average (i.e. boring) hero and a stable of supernatural beauties (Kurumu being my favorite), but it plays like a "monster of the day" show (i.e. Sailor Moon) set to a Halloween theme.

High School Of The Dead. Half Romero, half Battle Royale, but it tends to veer randomly into fan service territory. Despite that, great fun! This is my favorite of the three. Unfortunately, in both Japan and the U.S., it is hampered by a slow-as-molasses release schedule. Might have to dip into the anime to pass the time. (The complete set will be released in the middle of this month.)

Also worth noting that the missing (Headmasters) season of Transformers is on DVD now. Been very curious about that.

Evil Megalith Labs
Blinding people with science since an undisclosed date.
Worldly

Magnetism: +10/-25

2724.80 perv points

View Inventory
Send Points to Evil Megalith Labs

Dr. Movie

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2011, 08:18:49 PM »

I'll chime in to say Mizore is pretty cool.  Cool

~Even when you've paid enough / Been pulled apart or been held up / Every single memory of the good or bad / Faces of luck
Don't lose any sleep tonight / I'm sure everything will end up all right / You may win or lose
But to be yourself is all that you can do~
Audioslave
Big Samurai
Afro Glasses
Libertine

13134.60 perv points

View Inventory

Meganebu (2014)

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2011, 04:08:02 AM »

Two additions.

Tenjo Tenge. The complete, retranslated, uncensored rerelease that I have mentioned at least once in this forum has officially begun. This time, Viz is doing the honors, and they are releasing TT<Dr. Movie<Rave Master. On a similar note, I discovered that Tokyopop, in one of many final acts of stupidity, let this license expire before the series was done. They stopped at Volume 32, and it looks like Del Rey Manga, now using the Kodansha label on its spines, has been gracious enough to release Volumes 33, 34, and 35 in a single omnibus edition to complete the series and do right by the fans. If my research is correct, they are also doing a rerelease of the entire series from the beginning to capitalize on the success of their release of Fairy Tail by the same author. ... In any case, I encourage anybody who is curious not to dismiss this as a One Piece-a-like, as I find it to have its own distinct charm. (That, and I love the art; Mashima is not as given to stretchy, oddly sized people as Oda is.)

Evil Megalith Labs
Blinding people with science since an undisclosed date.
Worldly

Magnetism: +10/-25

2724.80 perv points

View Inventory
Send Points to Evil Megalith Labs

Dr. Movie

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2011, 07:31:10 AM »

We don't speak of the initial TT release.

~Even when you've paid enough / Been pulled apart or been held up / Every single memory of the good or bad / Faces of luck
Don't lose any sleep tonight / I'm sure everything will end up all right / You may win or lose
But to be yourself is all that you can do~
Audioslave
SilverFox-chan
Jaded

Magnetism: +20/-20

1150.60 perv points

View Inventory
Send Points to SilverFox-chan

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2012, 09:59:30 AM »

Recently watched D-Gray Man, Fruits Basket, and Blood+

Currently watching Mushi-Shi all on Netflix.

In memory of Daniel
Big Samurai
Afro Glasses
Libertine

13134.60 perv points

View Inventory

Meganebu (2014)

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2012, 08:34:01 AM »

Crunchyroll, Hulu Plus, and Netflix have offered a surfeit of anime to watch. Unfortunately, the loss of my book store means that my only (legal) options for manga are either Amazon or the local library. Thus, it looks like I get to reread High School Debut again. Good thing I like that series.

Big Samurai
Afro Glasses
Libertine

13134.60 perv points

View Inventory

Meganebu (2014)

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2013, 06:18:20 PM »

On Crunchyroll as of late, the fare has been good.

. From the makers of Zettai Karen Children (Psychic Squad), but the most correct title for this, in my opinion, is A Bunch of Psychics Troll the Earth. Interesting enough to be a fun diversion, and yaoi fans will find immediate interest in the two main characters.

Vividred Operation. Another successor to Sailor Moon, but this particular entry in the magical girl genre has the benefit of being well-produced and conscious of what it is, albeit in the most unapologetic way possible. One of my friends in anime / manga fandom observed that this plays like a magical girl show made for people in my age group, and ... yes, it does. Not quite as self-referential as Madoka, but definitely akin to Nanoha. And yuri-tastic.

Demonbane<eroge, but now legitimate enough to be in the next Super Robot Wars.

Big Samurai
Afro Glasses
Libertine

13134.60 perv points

View Inventory

Meganebu (2014)

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2013, 12:35:01 PM »

And the entire family, myself included, is revisiting Bleach. It is of note that the anime has been cancelled as of the end of the Lost Substitute arc, meaning that anybody seeking the conclusion of the saga is going to have to pick up the manga if they have not already done so. Reading a particular (very recent) spoiler for said manga has 110% rekindled my interest in this title.

Big Samurai
Afro Glasses
Libertine

13134.60 perv points

View Inventory

Meganebu (2014)

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2013, 08:46:18 AM »

Been a good quarter at Crunchyroll (and Hulu). I have watched the following, among others.

Attack On Titan
Chaos;HEAd
Devil Survivor 2
Flowers of Evil
Maoyu
Oreshura
School Days

Ginevra
Worldly

Magnetism: +115/-265

2335.10 perv points

View Inventory
Send Points to Ginevra

The Perv Point Pirate!

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2013, 09:09:56 PM »

Girls Bravo -- watching via Netflix with hubby when we can get the little ones down early enough.  No excuses, it's just plain fun. 

XXXholic -- also through Netflix.  By myself since hubby isn't interested.  Odd enough that I wasn't sure I liked it...but I'm still watching it.  laugh  I dislike the stretched-out style of drawing the characters, but the theme music was so awesome, it got it that all-important first viewing.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
--Robert A. Heinlein
Ginevra
Worldly

Magnetism: +115/-265

2335.10 perv points

View Inventory
Send Points to Ginevra

The Perv Point Pirate!

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2013, 08:43:24 PM »

Ghost Hunt -- another anime I found on Netflix.  I love the intro sequence, it's very Twilight Zone.  So far the story and characterization are pretty darn good.   Even though it's done in 24 minute episodes, the case files are made up of three or four episodes.  I'm finding it hard to stick to just one episode a night (it's my current bedtime watch).

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
--Robert A. Heinlein
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: